I know what you’re thinking…WTF do green smoothies have to do with happiness?!
Simple. Green smoothies, because of the nutrients, pinpoint organs essential for immune health. When your internal organs are functioning properly, you have more energy throughout the day!
I know I know, the green color looks kinda gross, but I promise if you give it a chance you will (probably) be hooked!
Have a go!!!!
RECIPE: Kimberly Snyder‘s Green Smoothie
Ingredients (64 ounces / 2-4 servings)
- 1 ½- 2 cups very cold, filtered water
- 6 cups spinach, chopped
- 5 cups organic romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2 stalks of organic celery
- 1 organic apple, cored and chopped
- 1 organic pear, cored and chopped
- 1 organic banana
- 1–2 Tbs. fresh organic lemon juice
- Ice cubes (the extra coldness can help newbies with the taste)
- 1/2 cup of organic cilantro
- 1/2 cup of organic parsley
Combine into a blender, starting first with the greens and then adding the fruit.