I follow a plant-based 90%vegetarian diet (some fish); so you may want to edit these tips so that they work for your diet (although I have found that when most people cut out a lot of meat from their diet they feel better!)
- HYDRATE! Water cleanses out the system and helps your liver function properly!
- FRUITS AND VEGGIES. Aim for at least 1 serving with every meal. Keep increasing all the time until the majority of your meal is fruits and veggies!
- Stick to plant based protein when possible: beans, sprouts, lentils, nuts, quinoa. Seriously, these forms of protein are healthier than animal products. Aim for 1 serving with every meal.
- Cut out the crap. It’s hard I know, but if you are used to eating a lot of junk food, take it one step at a time and slowly wean yourself off the crap. Seriously, do it. Your body will thank you later. The less processed food the better. (Tip: stick to the outer rim of the grocery store!)
- No refined white-grains (pasta, bread, rice). So no texas toast, white rice, or white pasta.
- Try some smoothies! Check out Kimberly Snyder’s or Raw Food Family if you need a recipe.
- Eat plenty of superfoods (foods high in antioxidants): green leafy vegetables (spinach, kale), goji berries, acai berries, lemons, pomegranate, nuts & seeds, avocado, quinoa.
- Green tea!
What are your own healthy eating tips that work for you?