Today’s health tip of the day is….*duh duh duh*…lemons!
Or, more specifically, lemon water (many experts say it’s great to drink hot water with lemon juice; I don’t know the difference between hot and cold water and lemon juice, so do what you think is best!)
Increasing consumption of lemon water has a wide variety of health benefits including:
- The energizing effect of vitamin C (the juice of 1 lemon yields over 30% of the recommended daily amount of vitamin C)
- aids digestion
- naturally aids many mild illnesses (colds, fever)
- protects the immune system
- purifies the blood
- great to stimulate the liver and detox
- antioxidants that fight to prevent many diseases such as different types of cancer
So go grab some lemons! For an added plus, add some ginger into your concoction!
What’s a health tip of yours?