I’ve been doing yoga for close to a month now, and I have to tell you, I’m even more hooked than before.
I have never felt so at peace, so blissful, and so joyful. I feel like when I walk out after a yoga session my mind/body/soul are laughing with delight (as weird as that may sound–that’s what it feels like!) I walk around smiling to everyone I meet (no exaggeration).
What I’m learning:
- The body is an amazing thing. With every pose in which I push my body further than the last class, I realize how much it can accomplish, and it’s truly amazing.
- Yoga = JOY (seriously, if you need a happiness lift try Yoga!)
- I am loved. Every time I walk out of the studio, I feel love, and it’s easier for me to accept and give love now than ever before.
- I am here now, in the present moment. It’s easy to get distracted and pulled into the past and future in the midst of our busy lives, but I’m learning the importance of living in the present moment, even if just for a little while.
- Everything is connected. I have never felt more connected to the universe than during Yoga.
- There is powerful strength in silence. The western world likes to talk. No one can argue with that. But there’s a lot to be said for silence, and Yoga lets you just be, no talking, just be-ing.
Seriously, yoga is the new love of my life.
Namaste, which means “the spirit in me respects the spirit in you.”