So here is a couple quick and easy vegetarian lunches that can be eaten at home or taken to work/school! Who says vegetarian food has to take lots of prep? There are pleeeenty of delicious easy vegetarian lunches you can throw together yourself.
- Avocado sandwich. Avocado’s are pretty filling, which is why avocado sandwiches make a pretty hearty meal. Take some hearty bread or pita bread, throw on avocado, tomato, onions, sprouts, cheese, and ranch.
- Veggie Wrap. This can be filling as well, depending on what you put on it. You can throw together pretty much anything you have on hand including hummus, greens, sprouts, peppers, onions, avocado, cheese, etc. Anything works!
- Huge salad. This can take more prep work on your part, but doesn’t have to take more than 5 minutes to put together. Throw greens and veggies together (whatever you like) and for extra substance, feel free to add beans, corn, and/or nuts to the mix.
- Bananna and Almond (or peanut) butter sandwich. The heartier bread, the more filling it will be!
- Burrito. This is one of my favorites. Throw together beans and rice/quinua, avocado, cheese, salsa, and whatever else you like.
- Mozz, tomato, and pesto sandwich. yuuuuum.
- Veggie Scrambler. Scramble eggs; throw any veggies in the mix. Eat plain or in a wrap!
- Veggie nachos. With whole-grain tortilla chips, throw on beans, cheese, onions, and peppers.
- Quesadilla. Fill with beans, cheese, and any veggies you like.
- Mushroom burger or veggie burger. Mmmmm.
Sides (mix and match!):
- Granola bar
- Dried fruit
- Trail mix
- Whole grain chips and salsa