As I’ve mentioned a bazilllion times, I firmly believe in the correlation between maintaining a healthy lifestyle and happiness: when your energy levels are up, you have more strength and enthusiasm throughout the day.
On that note, my favorite green of all time is kale. It is pretty much the greatest superfood that exists; implementing it into your diet does WONDERS for your healthy and energy!
Interested in learning the benefits of kale?! Consult this super awesome infographic:
While raw kale has more health benefits (higher concentration of antioxidants–see a fantastic raw salad recipe HERE), cooked kale is a nice way to change it up. This is my current favorite recipe:
- 1 pound of kale (16 cups of chopped leaves), chopped finely, stems removed
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- a couple cloves of garlic
- 1/2 cup water or vegetable stock
- salt & pepper to taste
- Sautee garlic in olive oil for about 5 minutes
- Add kale, stirring
- Add water or vegetable stock, reduce to medium low, cover
- Cook until kale is wilty, remove from heat
- Stir in red wine vinegar
- Add salt & pepper to taste (optional)