Apart from kale, this is probably my favorite green to eat. It tastes good, is super duper flexible with regard to cooking/smoothies/eating it raw, and it has so many health & happiness benefits it’s not even funny. Whether you’re eating it raw in salad form, cooking it, or using it in a green smoothie, spinach is totally the way to go!
Health benefits that influence mood and happiness include:
- HIGH in vitamins A & K, which are good for immune health, eyes, skin, bones, and fighting against cancer!
- Folate/folic acid, which is good for reproductive health
- Magnesium, iron, potassium, Vitamin C and manganese
- Fiber, which is good for maintaining digestive health
- Fights cancer, diabetes, and other diseases
- Anti-inflammatory & regulates blood pressure
When your body is functioning properly, your mood is naturally heightened, influencing your overall happiness!
Have at it (: