What better way to start off the New Year than by investing in energy revitalizing strategies?!
I’ve never gotten into the hardcore juicing movement–kudos to those who can do it, but I have way too fast a metabolism and am skinny enough as it is! I’m a proponent of simpler detox methods without doing an all out juice fast. Try these:
- Start your morning with hot water and lemon juice. This concoction works wonders on energy levels–I can’t even begin to describe it! Lemon naturally aids digestion and helps stimulate the liver, leading to better removal of toxins from the body.
- Green smoothie at least once a week, and more if you can swing it.
- Meditate daily. Focusing on the breath helps regulate oxygen in the body. Studies have correlated meditation with reduced stress and greater immune health!
- Detox Yoga. Need I say more?
- Raw detox salad.
- Get moving! When you move and sweat, your body detoxes naturally. Try running, biking, or yoga.
- Snack on superfoods. Foods such as spinach, raw veggies, fruit, kale, blueberries, etc.
- Sip some green tea. Green tea is filled with antioxidants. Consider swapping green tea with coffee!
- HYDRATE! Lots and lots of water helps your body cleanse.
- Social media break! I’m not even kidding! Too much social media drains your energy and makes you sluggish–consider taking a break for a couple days and see what happens!
What do you do to detox?!