Looking for a super simple yet effective way to drastically improve your life?!
Try a morning ritual. Or, a repetitive, well thought out, organized, and focused routine that is repeated every morning.
I started doing morning rituals this semester, and so far, I have noticed a huge change: my entire day is happier, more productive, and focused. My entire mindset is different, and I feel much more at peace. I have found that I procrastinate less, and get distracted from my schoolwork and goals less.
Ok, that’s great, but how?!
While there is no written in stone rule when creating a morning ritual, try pondering the following:
- What you love to do
- What makes you happy
- What gives you energy
- Your daily goals
- Your life-long goals
- Things that make you feel confident
Find ways to incorporate whatever you want into your morning. Your ritual can be as long or short as you want–anything from 10 minutes of affirmations to 2 hours of eating, working out, and meditating. The trick is to find what works for you, and go to bed in time to get at least 7 hours of sleep.
Need some ideas?
- Health: a green smoothie or hearty breakfast with fruit/veggies
- Stillness: meditation
- Reflection: journaling (gratitude journal, or other reflection type journaling)
- Blogging, or other project
- Yoga, walk, running, or other working out
- Affirmations, or other confidence boosters
- Incorporating your passion into your morning routine
What’s your morning ritual? (mine to come later!)