One of the main challenges surrounding around leading a healthy lifestyle is time. Take it from me, the super busy college student working 12+ hours a day, with barely enough time to make myself dinner.
I’ve found that time is no excuse, though! They key is to plan ahead, and take some time on a Saturday afternoon (or whenever) to make a bulk meal, and get some food organized for the week ahead:
- Make a huge thing of beans and rice. These are so versatile: you can throw together a burrito bowl with avocado/veggies/sour cream/tofu, or throw together a casserole.
- Make a bulk meal of some sort (chilli, lentil soup, etc) over the weekend that can be eaten at random and heated up during the week.
- Potatoes (including sweet potatoes) are super fast, cheap, and FILLING.
- Stock up on frozen veggies and tofu before the week ahead, for an easy stir-fry meal to throw on top of your already made rice OR sauteed for a veggie wrap with avacado/beans/rice/etc OR a quick side to any meal. Takes 10 minutes tops!
- Stock up on a raw greens (spinach/kale/spring mix) and throw together a healthy salad with any meal.
- Nuts and granola bars. Super fast snack you can grab on the go!
What do you do to save time during the week?