Fall is hands down my favorite season. I love the autumn leaves, sweater weather, and cool nights. Fall is also such a great time for local, healthy food – there are tremendous healthy foods in season. Fall is the perfect time to invest in your health and take advantage of the fabulous foods in season.
My favorites include:
- Brussel Sprouts: These delicious green veggies are packed with vitamin C and vitamin K, and have been shown to have anti-cancer benefits.
- Cauliflower: Cauliflower contains almost your full amount of recommended vitamin C, which is great for preventing illness in the fall and winter.
- Sweet Potatoes: Contains very high amounts of vitamin A. Also contains vitamin C, B-6, and is a good source of fiber. Delicious for those amazing autumn recipes!
- Pumpkin: Need I say more here? Pumkin bread. YUM.
- Squash: Great source of vitamin A. Also contains vitamin C, B-6, potassium, vitamin K, and fiber.
What are your favorite foods in season? Favorite recipes?