I recently got an email asking about what diet I follow. Am I vegetarian? Vegan? Whole foods?
Let me explain.
But before I get into my diet, let me just say:
I believe the most important diet rule to live by is to listen to your body, to find what foods work and which ones don’t. There is no cut and dry diet rule that works for all of is.
If a food doesn’t agree with you, stop eating it.
I started keeping a food journal, documenting the foods I ate and how I felt.
I’ve tried eating meat, I’ve tried not eating meat, I’ve tried eating dairy and not eating dairy, eating fish and not eating fish.
After trying it all, I found what works best for me at this present moment is roughly a 80% vegan diet. I found that the ways I felt best were without most animal products, without dairy, without gluten, but with fish and eggs in moderation.
- As many fresh fruits and vegetables as possible
- Starchy vegetables like sweet potatoes
- Lots of leafy greens
- Staple grains such as rice, quinoa, and oats
- Plant-based protein such as legumes, spirulina, and nuts
- Green smoothies
- No animal products other than fish/eggs
- Less than 20% of fish (salmon) and eggs
- No dairy
- No gluten
- Minimal processed food (next to none, if possible)
- Recently tried cutting out sugar which has been the hardest! Read Sugar Blues by William Dufty
If interested, you can see my personal testimony below:
All in all: my advice is LISTEN TO YOUR BODY. It’s a simple as that.
Leave your diet in the comments below!